Monday, January 21, 2013

The First Email!

Robert was able to write us this weekend! Enjoy everyone!

Hello Family and whoever sees this email
 
     I finally got some time to write an email, its been pretty hectic here.  You literally have 30 minutes of personal time a day and all you really wanna do is go to sleep.  Llyr left me off at the curb basically and as I started walking towards the MTC, the gaurd guy told me I couldnt go in because I didnt have a nametag.  I was like uhhhh......duh.  Im new buddy! See me with these three suitcases?  but ya he was pretty persistent until another Elder came and helped me out and got me in.  So that was fun.  Our first gym time was yesterday, they have all sorts of stuff you can do but usually everyone just plays volleyball or basketball.  I naturally played some B-ball.  Its pretty competitive the people that play are all pretty good so its fun!  Although I did end up breaking an elders nose.  He was goin in for a layup and I jumped as high I could and I came down with fury upon him.  So basically I hit the ball right back into his face.  I warned him to stay out of my house before the game but he didnt listen did he?? no just kidding.  I felt pretty bad it was bleeding alot.  Hes all good though.  During this process though I learned the secret to MTC basketball success, which is get as many Tongans and Samoans on your team as possible!!!  Impossible to lose.  Other then that my companion is Elder Bowman for Twin falls.  Hes awesome, we seem to gel pretty good.  We had our first two investigators and the first one we had alot of success with and it was way fun to teach.  The second one was terrible and I wanted to just throw something really hard after we were majorly embarrassed.  There is plenty to learn here, I dont think I will be able to hit the ground running yet when its time for the navajo rez, but i still got 15 days or so.  I leave Feb. 4th.  oh one other thing before i got to go.  I cant stand hearing during meals all these missionaries speakin in different languages, so when people come and ask us where we are goin and stuff.....I just say ya we speak navajo.  That silences them spanish gringo speakers up pretty good. 
 
thanks for everything, Love Elder Christensen
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment