Monday, September 16, 2013

Robert vs. En Espanol, Por Favor

 Robert with his new companion





Ya'aat'eeh!!!
Ya, so some huge changes have happened with some fun experiences.  I'm sure everyone knows by now but I have been told to go to the Spanish branch until later notice.  A missionary had to go home early so I had to replace him.  I was not the first choice to be put there, 2 others before me were supposed to but I guess I got picked.  The days certainly seem to go by slower since I don't understand half of everything that's being said.  I am working just saying a prayer and doing a testimony right now.  I understand about 25% to 50% of a conversation but I obviously have no idea what to say back when people ask me a question.  I'm getting quite annoyed with saying "no habla espanol" so much, I feel worthless leaving my companion out to dry sometimes.  He's mexican though, so he does just fine.  A couple of days ago we gave a blessing to man that didn't speak English but he asked me to do the blessing, also I have been asked to say prayers and stuff when they don't speak English at all.  I just say it in English hoping they catch some of it. 

One thing I love about being in the Spanish area is we can go ANYWHERE.  We cover half of Farmington so we get to go wherever we feel like we need to.  As far as I know I am only here for this next week possibly but ya never know.  My heart really aches to go back to the Rez or to Colorado...more Rez but I am enjoying farmington.  My companion is from Ventura, California.  His name is Elder Delgado, we get along awesome we are just alike when it comes to having as much fun as we can doing missionary work.  We came out the same time so we both hit 8 months TODAY!  crazy.  Since he has been in Farmington for the whole time he has the area memorized, so there is no down time trying to figure where stuff is at.  He jokes around with me a lot when we knock on doors knowing that the people that live there are Spanish members that give me a hard time or the are crazy people....the latter was yesterday.  We were in 5th ward area and knocking on doors and a lady came out laughing at us like an evil witch..no joke.  She tried to get us to come inside but I told her no and then she started screaming like a deranged person and yelling out animals and stuff like...." I told my daughter and my husband (long pause)....RABBIT!!!!  RABBIT!!!!!" Then she pulled out a coin purse with a bouncy ball and yelled LOOK BALL!!! and she threw it at me.  Elder Delgado was laughing his butt off, he has run into this lady before so he knew what would happen.  We started walking away and she followed us and so I said to her if I could get a drink of water and she said YESSS!! so she ran back inside then we booked it back to the car.  It was hilarious but really creepy and weird.  So he is knocking on all the doors that he tells me to from now on. 

We got our jeep stuck in a mud ditch really bad too that wasn't very fun but oh well.  Its been raining here like crazy and there is actually a youtube video that someone showed us of main street its called something like  " flooding near webb-cheverolet Farmingotn, NM"  something like that.  Look it up we drove by about 3 minutes after it was recorded. Crazy!
Well gotta go but I will tell more next week, thanks for everything. GO BRONCOS
love Elder Christensen

No comments:

Post a Comment