Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Robert vs. Dinner on the Mesa

Ya'aat'eeh!!!

This week went by in a flippin blur!!  I was on Hopi land from Monday-Thursday this week.  It was an honor to go back and visit a bunch of people and friends.  I was surprised at how well everyone remembered me and were excited to see me.  Sure made me feel good.  I chopped a bunch of wood and ate lots of Hopi food and of course got to sleep in my dinky little RV again that I missed so much.....not really.  I was with an Elder during that time that was from Kuna.  He actually knows that Hainsworth family well so that was fun to talk about Boise area with him.  He told that they are rearranging the school districts and whatnot....that will mess up sports a ton....not to happy about that.  Ya....I only got 4 more emails left...what the heck.  Where has the time gone...

But ya back to Hopiland.  I was able to eat at a dinner on the mesa which is an honor.  The only white people in the room of a few hundred again, love it.  I feasted on Elk and Deer hominy stew and some Hopi traditional foods.  I was able to teach a few lessons to people and actually set someone on date for baptism and its not even my area right now.  Still felt like home though.  I was invited over to dinner with a man that Elder Johnson and I helped reactivate.  He was a Hopi and federal officer for a long time and he gave me a few sweet lookin police patches.  It was a blast being back.  I was also able to spend some time with a family that I got real close to and they were so surprised to see me it was hilarious.

Tuba City is doing alright though.  We spent all day yesterday attending the Phoenix Arizona temple broadcast.  That is 2 temple dedications now that I have been a part of here.  Gilbert and Phoenix.  I wish those talks were recorded so I could study them.  Elder Robbins spoke and blew my mind and Elder Maynes, President Monson, Uchtodrf, and Elder Oaks were all there.  

I have found out though some more interesting reasons why I was sent here I think....apparently I am being an instrument in different ways...not so much in bringing people to repentance but my companions...here it comes again.  I had to go through one companion going home in August and we will find out after this Thursday if my current companion goes home.  All I gotta say is....the truth hurts.  I also found out that yes, I will be moved in 2 weeks to another area for my last 2 weeks.  It got kinda cold last night and when I woke up this morning and opened the door I got blasted with some chill...Rexburrrrrrg here we come....not to excited about the weather.  Everything is going good though and I am enjoying my last while as missionary to the Lamanites.  

Love Elder Christensen

No comments:

Post a Comment