Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Robert vs The Return to Hopiland

Ya'aat'eeh

Last week went by in a blur and this week will go by even faster.  I was able to go on exchanges with the Hopi Elders last Wednesday to teach a few things to them about the people.  We ended up having a lesson with a family that night that was half Sioux half Hopi so that was interesting.  They were very light skinned...basically white people, tall, but had very native facial features.  I kept on looking at them and saying to myself...So thats what Nephites looked like...hey ya never know!  It was a great lesson.  I was with Elder Hooton who came out with me and is going home with me and going to BYUI so we had a good time together.  It is so nice to teach with another experienced missionary and you don't have to worry about what is going to be said or anything.  This family scheduled another lesson for this week when I will be going back to Hopiland..for 3 days!  I am leaving Tuba in a few hours to go there until thursday.  Some people that I talked to said that they are setting up a dinner ON the mesa that I am invited to so that will be a blast and an honor.  I am so happy to be back in the place I love so much.  I never thought I would be able to go back there.  

We have 3 people on date for baptism in late December here so that should be good.  Weird to set a date for baptism for someone realizing that you wont even be there.  A lot of less active people showed up to church this week which was good.  While we were at the store earlier this week a young kid came up to us and wanted to know if he could "observe" us for his sociology class.  We said HECK YA of course!  He is a really nice kid and he doesn't know what he will be getting himself into..hehehe...this kid will want to be dunked before he even knows what happened.  Then like 5 minutes later another guy came up to me and started talking to me about John D. Lee and Jacob Hamblin a lot..there is a big ranch just east of Tuba that Jacob lived on and this guy gives tours and stuff.  He said that Jacob buried massive amounts of gold and whatnot that he is looking for.  Ya never know! 

Doing good just kind of winding down here...weird feeling.  Only got about 20 days left in Tuba and then I will be moved somehwere closer to Farmington for the rest of the time.  GO BRONCOS




No comments:

Post a Comment