Friday, November 28, 2014

Robert vs. Cowlicks

Ya'aat'eeh!!!

This week went by in a blur.  I went to Hopiland again for another day which was of course very satisfying.  I also went on splits with the other companionship that we live with.  We spent a lot of the day in the village of Moenkopi.  Which is another Hopi village that I never had the chance to go to because of how far away it was.  Thats it though!  I have knocked on and handed BOMS out in every Hopi Village in the entire world!  Sweetness.  Chopped a lot of wood and I was given probably the best compliment I have ever received from a drunk person and I quote...."HEY.....I really like your cowlick!"  that was it, hit the spot, I was tearing up right there.  Pretty funny.


It was actually a really awesome experience that day.  We spent some time talking to a member family there.  In their house President Spencer W. Kimball spent many many nights when he came to visit the Lamanites.  He would go out and shuck corn with all of the old grandmas.  The 99 year old woman that is still living with the family we visited was the wife of the very first Native American Patriarch and was set apart and released by President Kimball several times.  He would come down specifically for this couple for every setting apart and release.  I made sure to get a picture with her.  Definitely going to study up more on that man.


This is my last week in Tuba City and I will be headed off somewhere near the mission home.  Weird but also satisfying that...I did it!  I didn't think I would be able to.  Its been a blast for sure.  We were able to set another person date for baptism in January so that was good.  Things are moving on steadily here in Tuba City.

  Love Elder Christensen

No comments:

Post a Comment