Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Robert vs The Apache Rez

Ya'aat'eeh!!!

My last day in Tuba City...well actually I am leaving in like 2 hours.  I have to go to Page for a while and around 5pm tonight I will be heading to Farmington.  I swill spend the night in Farmington and be headed to Aztec for my last 2 weeks.  I will be hangin with the Zone leaders which one of them is my MTC companion, Elder Bowman.   We haven't even been in the same zone our entire missions so it will be fun to be with him again. 

Only said goodbye to a couple people at church yesterday.  I didn't really have time to create any relationships or anything here.  That's okay though.  I really enjoyed being in Tuba City despite having to live with some people that really got on my nerves.  I tried not to let it get to me.  I hope I get to go on exchanges to Dulce while I am in Aztec. Dulce is the Apache reservation that was just opened up a few weeks ago.  That would be sweeeet!  

Nothin to crazy happened this week though.  We were out in Red Lake one day waaaaay out der...and we were drivin around this mountain called "wildcat" trying to find someone and we came across this wall....like I am talking an ancient wall that looks exactly how Moroni described it...heaps of earth and everything.  It was of course a little beat up and rugged but it was definitely man made.  Ya never know...I took a few pictures as we explored it a bit so that was awesome.

That night though coming back into town all of our plans fell through so we decided to just see someone not expecting to go inside but just talk to her at the door and check on her.  Well happened to be that the whole family was home for once so we went in and they started asking us all of these crazy questions about Jesus 2nd coming and stuff.  We ended up teaching the plan of salvation and it was probably one of the best lessons of my mission.  So much fun.  Good week.

But ya I will be just tryin not to get to lazy my last 2 weeks but I don't think that will be a problem being with ZL's. Thats it folks!  Ha'goo'nee'!!!

Love Elder Christensen

No comments:

Post a Comment