Monday, July 8, 2013

Robert vs. The Bloody Nose

 
Ya'at'eeh!!!
 
 So the hottest week in New mexico history wasn't really that bad.  Oh well, I thought I was gonna have some fun experience being outside when it was 120 or something...maybe next week!  Not much went on this week anyways.  No crazy experiences or being chased or anything! Kinda boring, but hey its ok.  Well gosh I don't even know what to talk about....so this wont be very long im sorry.  Seriously nothing really happened this week, we taught 9 lessons and a few of them went really well but most of the time the people just don't really seem to care.  Tonight we are teaching a less active family, and they are super strong when it comes to faith and everything! They pay tithing, have 0 problems with any of the doctrine at all! Except they don't come to church!!!.....they haven't for a very long time its annoying! Elder Bunderson and I have had quite a few discussions tryin to figure out what they need, but they are an awesome family and every time we go over to teach it seems like they already know EVERYTHING and we are just preaching to the choir.  Frustrating.  But oh well, the work must go on.  Transfers are this week so we will see what happens come Saturday night.  My prediction is that I will be here in Shiprock for another transfer possibly 2 more if I get a trainee.  That would be a fun experience to train, I would act like a total goof for the first few days just to scare the new guy.  Like im not already a goof already but I think I would just talk in a Russian accent for the first while or so...I'll figure something good out.  I guess the hot weather though did have some effect on me.  I have had the bloodiest bloody noses of my life this week, one was when we were in a lesson and it just started waterfalling!  (and no Llyr I am NOT picking my nose).  Anyways I got that taken care of.  
 
The sheep butchering was pretty awesome! I will hopefully be able to get some pictures off sometime soon.  The 2 people that were baptized last week were both girls, and we are continuing to have lessons with them and they are doing awesome!  Yesterday with one of them we talked about Priesthood and Auxiliaries and I think I learned more then she did it was great.  There was a missionary that just got home on July 2nd from the Houston South mission Vietnamese speaking!  He is a good guy, and we will be taking him out to lessons with us this week.  We had to give him a planner yesterday cause he said he didn't know what to do with his life without one.  He is speaking in church this week and all 4 of us other missionaries will be speaking with him, so that will be good.  My cooking skills have improved quite a bit!  We had a big taco night the other day and I have learned a lot about spices, and herbs and whatnot.  I pan fried some Jalapenos and put them all over my tacos with some Cholula sauce and Cilantro!  mmmmm...I have definitely acquired the Hot and spicy bug down here.  When I get back there will be no mercy to my cooking.  Everything will be spicy.  Anyways that's all I got for the week! Things are going good and I'm happy to be out here.
 
love Elder Christensen 

No comments:

Post a Comment