Sunday, July 28, 2013

Robert vs. Walking



Sorry everyone!  I was out of town and couldn't update Robert's blog until today.  Robert is now in Farmington and hopefully will be able to email me some pictures again.  Here is his letter from a few days ago and look for another hopefully tomorrow.
Brittney


Ummm...Hi?
 
  Gosh it is so weird to not hear Ya'at'eeh anymore.  I dont like it.  I can't even start out my email with it cause it doesn't feel right.  Maybe in a few transfers!  But ya big ole Farmington!!!  I am in Farmington 1st ward with Elder Johnson.  There is about 100 active members and there is only 2 Navajos and 1 black guy from South Africa, so that was pretty cool to meet him.  It has been a tiring week that's for sure.  From Tuesday to Friday we didn't have a car or bikes....so we were the only missionaries in the entire mission that were walking!! Yay! In 95+ weather it was wonderful...not really, but we had some good times.  I think we walked over 50 miles so that was a good workout.  Lots of sweat that's for sure.  On Saturday though we did get bikes and we are 1 of 4 biking areas in the mission.  I like it cause you get to be outside and feel the wind and whatnot but its also a lot of hard work because Farmington is very hilly.  By about 5pm you are exhausted but its good.  My companion is Elder Tanginoa Johsnon.  Awesome first name...hes half Tongan/half Black, from Sandy, Utah so not very far.  He's is my favorite companion so far and we get along great.  Its kinda weird because we are almost exactly alike when it comes to personality and thinking and stuff so we are having a good time together.  He is also district leader so I have the name "district monkey."  We don't have a lot of people to teach here.  The problem with Farmington, there are so many LDS people already here and missionaries have been here forever that everyone already knows who we are and there definitely isn't a lot of people wanting to listen.  BUT WERE GONNA KNOCK ON YOUR DOOR ANYWAYS!!!!   MWHAHAHA!  The Connie Mack world series starts August 2nd and I think we have some tickets through some members that are gonna take us so I'm pumped of course.  The stadium is actually in 1st ward area so I think President Batt is giving me a tender mercy by putting me here, I ride by it every day!  It's a pretty field, kinda looks like Hawks stadium but it actually has a lot nicer seating.  It ain't no Wigle field at good ole Borah though that's for sure.  I would rival that field with a few professional fields.  I miss it so much.  There is a lot of basketball that is played here and most people are pretty dang good.  I have figured out that the only thing I'm good for is shooting 3's and defense.  I get about 5 or 6 blocks a game and I have a blast, so my game has improved a lot.  Anyways that's what is going on here!  Not much yet but we had a good week this last week as far as talking to lots of people about the gospel.  I'm happy and am loving being a missionary.
 
love Elder Christensen 



No comments:

Post a Comment