Sunday, July 7, 2013

Robert vs. The Cops

 
 
Ya'at'eeh!!!
 
Elder Bunderson and I each had the privilege to do the confirmations for the 2 new members that were baptizedon saturday.  Sheep Butchering was sweet!!!!  You're right mom, I don't think you would have liked being there for at least the first part especially with all of the blood and throat cutting and whatnot.  I'm trying to make you all feel queezy hopefully it worked.  The meat didn't taste as good as I thought it would.  It had traces of poo everywhere and yes I did get a piece or two of sheep doo doo in my mouth.  But I just ate a ton of fry bread to mask the taste.
 
I have some good pictures of that I just can't really get them uploaded right now.  Yes, it is VERY hot! This is supposed to be the hottest week in New Mexico history so it will be fun!  The Navajo language learning CD's and stuff are hard to follow, its just a book and a guy repeating words over and over again.  I haven't been very persistent in doing them cause to be honest they are pretty boring. If i want to learn it, I am going to have do everything myself so its frustrating especially with such a difficult language that you have to think and speak completely backwards in.  Our new bishopric is awesome! They seem like they are extremely excited with getting missionary work going and getting our ward out here organized.  The bishop is actually a bilagaana. (white)  He builds missiles for the government so hes a pretty organized guy. I liked his comment yesterday when he spoke, "I have a high security clearance with the military and the government so I'm pretty good at keeping secrets."  Plus, during Sunday school, the 2 councilors taught and straight up told everyone that they weren't doing enough and everyone needed to step up and be who they are supposed to be! So that was interesting and a pretty good kick in the pants for some of the less active people that were there and for the members that just are there for the ride. People reject callings ALL THE TIME here on the Rez because its "to much work"  or "takes to much time"...so they also had a big "knock it off" segment about that so that was good.   
 
So my fun Rez story of the week is about eh NAVAJO COPS!! get ready!.....So after zone conference last Saturday we got back around 4pm to Shiprock again and we didn't have any scheduled appointments so we decided to go and see some people that we talked to awhile ago.  There is this one man named Oscar and every time we try to see him is more drunk then the time before...its really sad but mostly makes me angry that people do this to themselves when they know that it doesn't feel good afterwards and they know that they hurt their family members, their physical bodies, and definitely their spiritual bodies.  Anyways so we went to see Oscar again and the joke was "lets go see how drunk Oscar is"...so we walk up to his door and knock, we wait around for a bit and he comes out drunk as ever!  He shook my hand and almost fell over.  We talked for a minute and then his friend came out..and oh boy was he hammered.  He shook my hand and I had to catch him from falling down it was disgusting how drunk and out of mind and thought they were.  Just vegetables with lips those two were.  I wanted to go but Elder Bunderson kept talking for a minute and just wouldn't leave them....anyways they kept on asking us if we wanted to fight and we just played around with them, for a second Oscar looked like he was gonna grab Elder Bunderson and oh man I got tense real fast.  About a minute into talking Elder Bunderson and I feel this tap on our shoulders.....I turn around and WHAM! 3 Navajo cops!  They say sorry for breaking up our talk and they just go grab the 2 drunk guys and arrest them right in front of us haha! it was pretty funny actually!!  I guess Osca'rs wife called them in because they had a big fight right before we got there...it makes sense because Oscar had a bloody nose when he came out.  So we had 2 baptisms and 2 arrests on Saturday! Good day!  Those Navajo cops are sneaky!  The wind was blowing really hard so it was loud anyways, but man they snuck up right behind me like Wiley Coyote!  Other then that everything is good!!  Having lots of fun with Elder Bunderson, we get along great and we hopefully be getting a lot more lessons soon.  Ha'goo'nee'!
 
Love Elder Christensen
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment