Monday, July 15, 2013

Robert vs. Goodbyes

Ya'at'eeh!!!
Ya sooo....I wont be saying Ya'at'eeh fro a while I think.  This was a surprise for everyone in the district.  Elder Bunderson and I are both being transferred out of Shiprock!!!  Elder Bunderson is being sent to Pinon! (pinyawn)  Right smack dab in the middle of the Rez.  There is nothing out there literally so he should have fun.  I will be heading BACK to the city....of Farmington.  In Farmignton 1st ward with Elder Johnson.  Im pretty disappointed cause I wanted to go to deep out in the middle of nowhere Rez like Elder Bunderson.  Guess not!  So my new address will be the Mission office so no change, I get to check mail on Mondays and Thursdays and that's to prevent us from spending to much time at the mission office.  As much as I wont miss Shipock for the scenery I will miss it for the flea market and a lot of the people.  We are definitely coming back sometime.  At least now in Farmington the houses have addresses and I don't have to follow directions that we got yesterday..."you take a first right den go over 3 speed bumps and den 1 more den der will be a house with da best grass in da neighborhood...iss dat one."  Im gonna miss that.  Farmington is where the connie mac world series is and if my info is correct its goin on right now!!  So I will be there when all the baseball ruckus is going on.  That makes me happy and sad at the same time.  As far as I know we will have a truck still but who knows I might be biking!  Gosh this week is gonna be a sad one.  My best friend I've made so far out here is Elder Hayden Ott from Burlington, Wyoming.  He was my Zone leader in Cortez and he is "dying" tomorrow, or going home!!  He really helped me out a lot and showed me how to do everything.  He will be driving through Shiprock tonight on the way to Farmington and he is going to stop and say goodbye, being a missionary for some reason gives you an "ok" to be emotional a little bit, I might shed a tear when he stops by.  I spoke in church yesterday not for very long though cause it was a homecoming talk for Elder Campbell who just got home from Evan's mission last week.  It went good.  When we went to say goodbye to people last night the "no hugging" rule doesn't apply to Navajo's.  They know the rules but they don't care when they like you so we got plenty of hugs from Nikki (the lady who was just baptized) and others but it was good.  I haven't had a hug from really anyone since I left the airport haha that's kinda funny actually.  Yep tomorrow it will be the 6 month mark.  They say once you hit 6 months it zooms by til 9 then from 9 to 12 it feels like it takes forever!  My next 6 month mark will be the big 1 year! that's crazy.  But yep so I will have more to talk about next week hopefully.  This has been a fun 6 weeks in Shiprcok New Mexico!  Minus the flies in our trailer which I have kept a running count on how many ive killed...62.  Anyways  Ha'goo'nee'!!
Love Elder Christensen

No comments:

Post a Comment