Monday, January 27, 2014

Robert vs. The Spiritual War

We finally got some pictures from Robert!  Enjoy!

 Hopi Christian Book


 Jay (pronounced J-eye)


 Mom and Dad got a package in the mail from Robert with a bow and arrow set


 and some Hopi earrings


The large dog on the left is "Sparky".  He follows Robert around town and reminds him of Hunter when he jumps up on him.

Loloma!!!

T'was a good and not so good week this week.  Yesterday we had some pretty cool experiences.  My main man Chris came to church and he blessed the sacrament for his 1st time and nailed it!  He said he has to keep a perfect record.  He did such a good a job and really emphasized the prayer, gives a stronger meaning to it when it is read slower.  Everyone was giving him hugs and stuff it was good to see.  I'm telling ya...this little branch is the best the church has when it comes to fellowship and family.  We had a few investigators come to church.  We were expecting double digits but we got about half.  You can almost literally see the spiritual war thats going on out here.  I can certainly feel it happening all around me.  I mean literally....like evil spirits and good spirits....everywhere.  Maybe my spiritual side has gotten a lot more Indianish I don't know, but I feel a lot more sensitive to stuff like that now since I've been living with the Hopi now for 4 months.  I'm gonna beg President Batt to keep me here for at least 9 months.  I feel that will be sufficient time.  There is an older couple that has come to church off and on since I got here and it turns out to be that they are NOT members and this whole time I thought they were.  It also turns out that they are our Branch Presidents In Laws.  They invited us over for dinner last night and we went with our Branch President and his wife.  We had a good talk, about the spirit world and temples.  They went to the Gilbert Open House and loved it!!!  I mean how can you not?  Its a flippin temple!  Apparently its bigger then the Salt Lake Temple.  It has 3 stories, I wanna check it out but that won't happen since its about 6 hours away.  Brother Choyou (the investigator) said that when he walked by the baptismal font he felt someone literally push him towards the font and someone whispered to him "Jump in!"  and he almost did, that would have been pretty funny actually. But in their family they have had many deaths and lost a few children due to tragic events.  We told them all about the spirit world and who was "pushing" him to the font.  Now the Choyous are an older couple and Brother Choyou is an extremely respected person in the Kiva.  He is a leader for the Hopi here when it comes to ceremonies and stuff.  They both come to church every week now and want to be baptized.  So we are going to go over to their house starting tomorrow with President Funk and start lessons.  Good stuff!!  The work is moving along here on Hopi.  Brother Choyou said that his parents and grandparents told him that some day there would be an LDS church in Polacca and all Hopi needed to go to that church.  But Satan has a such a strong hold on people and he blinds them to the obvious truth about the traditions of their fathers.  See even the clan leaders and ceremony leaders know that we are right!!!  But they don't wanna stop doing they're messed up ceremonies.  They used to be correct with the traditions but its just all sorts of messed up.  I can't tell you how many prophecies and whatnot I've heard....No way this stuff isn't real.  Sister Funk said she had a vision one day when she was driving to church....she saw a temple at the bottom of one of the Mesas in an extremely sacred place where a lot of the Tewa have buried their dead.  She was staring at it the whole drive and then when she got out of her car it was gone.  I believe it.  It's gonna happen someday.  In the near future many Native Americans will be leading this church.  Which is a prophecy in itself....us Bahana are basically carrying them on our shoulders until it is time for the church to return to the original covenant people...which is the house of Judah and Joseph (Jacob). Read 3 Nephi 21.  BOOM!  The two sticks!  (Ezekiel 37:15-22)  Truly they will "Blossom as the Rose" (DC 49:24)  I can't wait. Also...as long as we Gentiles stay faithful and anyone attacks us....the House of Jacob will protect us....3 nephi 21:12-13.  Good stuff.  

Other then that we started a Book of Mormon class on Thursday nights and about 5 people came and we are inviting everyone so hopefully sometime we will have such a big class that we will have to move into the chapel.  Also we got a Ward mission leader now!! Brother Dukepoo.  Apparently Polacca has never had one before.  Woohoo!!  Aw yes, I'm happy to hear that my bow and arrow got home.  There isn't really a story behind it...Elder Pebbles got it when he was in Pinion.  It is hand made but its not really an authentic bow.  I got more bows and junk to send home now.  Anyways all that stuff Pebbles didn't want to carry around with him, but I knew if I showed any interest in it then he would take it.  So I acted like I didn't care and then the day after he left I'm all...I'm sending this stuff home before he wants it back.  It's mine now hahaha. "Thats my hat now!!!" Name that movie.  Mom and dad, you won't get it.    I have a Navajo ceremony shield I'm sending home as well. Good times!  Well that's about all she wrote for this week!  GO SEAHAWKS!!!  GO BRONCOS!!!..the real broncos...not this Denver junk. 

Love Elder Christensen



No comments:

Post a Comment