Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Robert vs. The Adversary


Robert's buddy:  Bear




 This is how Robert plays Monopoly with his companion, helps him stay in the "zone".



 Hike with Chris and Elder Yazzie



Sweet Scenery


Loloma!!! 

    Well this has been an interesting week to say the least.  Don't need to get into to much detail but it got pretty rough here. Gosh every week I have so much stuff to say but my brain has no idea where to start or anything...okay here we go.  I got my new glasses and oh buddy are they fancy.  I hope I don't break them very fast.  Its inevitable that I will break them eventually, that's just how I roll.  These glasses though have some weird material in them where you can literally bend them in half and then they just bounce back to regular form.  It's like they put "flubber" in them, pretty cool.  We had 5 investigators come to church so that was awesome.  I have come to the conclusion that the only true "numbers" that really matter are obviously baptisms and investigators at sacrament meeting.  It doesn't matter if you teach 200 lessons a week....if nobody comes to church then there wasn't really much progression.  Early Saturday morning I was about to start razoring myself and then i felt like I should call Chris cause we hadn't heard from him all week.  So I did, and he told us to come out...so we did.  We went on another little hike/lesson and we talked.  He is going through a really rough time with the courts and the social services for possession of his son.  We had to encourage him to come to church cause he didnt want to.  It was a bad week, I feel really bad for him.  It seems like everyone is teaming up against him now because he is trying to live righteously, even his own family.  Super sad.  The Adversary truly doesn't want any the Native Americans to be strong in the true church, he's working really hard on them I can't even explain the evil that is out here.  But Chris said that he knows that he needs to keep coming...and he did! He also passed the sacrament for the first time so that was awesome.  During our priesthood meeting our Elders quorum President felt that we should have our own testimony meeting for class that day so thats what we did.  Everyone was talkin about how they were supposed to be on Hopi for a reason at this specific time and how they got there and all this stuff and I was gonna get up because I feel the same way.  Then Chris got up for the first time and just poured his heart out, it was amazing.  Afterwards us and a few others gave him a blessing and Bro. Wallace, the guy who gave him the blessing and also is the chief prosecutor for all of Hopiland told Promised Chris that he would find a wife and that he needed to get his patriarchal blessing as fast as possible.  I know that was divine inspiration because Chris is the only person we've talked about that with and hes been really thinkin about it.  Well there ya go!!!  Answer to prayer received.  So hopefully we can set that up this week for him and if I am lucky I will be able to go and be with him for the blessing!! cool eh?  

Last Thursday night was a hectic one for sure...lemee tell ya this has been the most stressful week of my life for sure.  One of our members daughters decided to run away with some 31 yr old freak that she met on the internet.  Scary stuff.  We didn't go search for her but we went and gave blessings with Elder Kamka and another member of the branch presidency to the parents and others.  IT was a loooooooong night for sure.  We let our District leader know that we were gonna be out late so it was ok.  We got in and finally went to bed around 12:30....it was nuts.  But long story short the FBI found the guy and rescued the girl.  She was at church yesterday so it was good o see she was ok.  Her parents were baptized about 3 years ago and they were really struggling with their faith during this but they bore powerful testimony that they have grown a lot stronger spiritually and are more converted.  Crazy week.....crazy week.  But its all good! The book of Mormon is true! True Blue through and through!!!  Glad the Seahawks won!  Now only if we can transfer that skill to the mariners.....then this will be a good year.  That is a miracle in itself, but hey ya never know!!

oh ya!  Just got word that the U.S. post office will NOT be forwarding our mail any more.  Sooo...if anyone is gonna send anything then wait a bit until next Monday when I can tell you if I'm staying here or not.  

Love Elder Christensen



No comments:

Post a Comment