Monday, February 24, 2014

Robert vs. Spiritual Experiences

Loloma!!!

Interesting week....lets start off with some good news.  There are 5 people that should be baptized within the next 2 or 3 months, which is awesome because with all of these ceremonies and junk going on we are having the hardest time staying busy.  If I didn't have Elder Johnson to keep me sane I would want out of here real fast.  But ya we helped move around some people from house to house while there drunk parents and grandparents were away for a certain amount of time so we would help them gather all of their belongings to make there exodus.  Don't need to go into much detail about that stuff but Im sure having a lot of interesting experiences out here.  Technically I have served in 3 different countries since the reservations are sovereign nations.  Its a different world for sure.  There was 7 investigators at church yesterday which was awesome! We also had branch conference and oh man did the stake presidency lay it down!!!!  They talked a lot about tithing which is a really hard blessing for people to accept all over the world but it hurts small branches a lot.  They also talked about the traditions and whatnot.  There are some things that were said that were obviously temple sacred and I wouldn't have tolerated it with any other congregation except the Native Americans because they perform a lot of the exact same things that we do but they have lost the authority for it to be valid.  Very interesting stuff, I wish you all could have been there.  

Another experience we had was we were reading some scriptures with a family and a little boy that just barely turned 3 out of nowhere just said "Jesus called me.....He said He's coming back."  I about had an accident.  I told everyone to be quite and listen to him, and he said the same thing.  Now how does a 3 year old boy understand that or anything pertaining to Jesus Christ to say something like that???  Explain that theory to me evolutionists/atheists???  We didn't even mention Jesus Christ during our whole scripture reading after he said that.  Pretty amazing.  Then a few days later we were reading again and then he came up to me and pointed to a picture of Christ on the wall....he said "Its a picture of Jesus!!"  then he paused and looked around the room for a few seconds and I was  just interested in what he was gonna say next cause this kid is so funny...but then he said "He's in this room right now."  Then he just acted like no big deal and kept walking around....blew my mind.  I have had a few experiences like that on my mission so far so I have learned that when the spirit is in the room and there are little kids around, if they start talking try and listen.  You never know what they might say.  Good stuff!  

We had some sad news yesterday though, one of our investigators has been very sick and lately and then he woke up one morning to find that he couldn't even walk!!  The branch president is related to that family so he took another and gave a blessing to the man but I am not quite sure how he is doing.  Its kind of interesting to think about that how we just starting teaching the family about the plan of salvation and they are accepting it and then they go to the temple open house and have some amazing experiences...and now this.  Interesting.  Other then all that I have been shoveling lots of manure of all types of animals to be used for gardening.  I am going to learn a lot about gardening in the next month.  Except Arizona desert gardening is slightly different then nice fertile Idaho gardening.  Should be fun.  Go Broncos!!!

Love Elder Christensen  



No comments:

Post a Comment