Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Robert vs. Cancer

Loloma!!!

I sure miss my Hopi people.  Well this last week was pretty slow but I think we made a good impact on some people.  The man we are teaching is still on date for July 5th and he came to church yesterday so thats a plus!  That man has some extreme faith, I think a lot more than I do.  His daughter is going through like her 3rd round of chemotherapy for the same cancer that his wife died of.  Pretty tough.  We help out as much as we can.  I'm glad that I'm here so I can help this guy.  Life in Blanding is pretty dang routine, but its a good life.  There was a guy that took us home teaching with him last night for a while and he stated some interesting stats.  It took 98 years from the church starting in 1830 to get its first 100 stakes.  30 years later it upped to 200.  7 years after that, 300.  Today I guess we are close to 4,000 stakes.  If that aint hastening the work I don't know what is.  I really have nothing to write about this week.  We are walking around a ton!  It feels good though to at least be tired physically if you didnt have a very successful day.  The new Elder living with us is from Nampa so now we got 3 Idaho boys and one Utard under one roof.  We give plenty of grief to my Utah companion.  He is like a 4 hour drive from home.  Us 3 Idaho guys are all the babies in our family and since we all know what its like to be beaten up by older brothers we tease my companion because he is the oldest and he doesn't understand what its like to be at the bottom of the totem pole so we humble him a lot.  We have a lot of fun together but its only fun if you work hard during the day.  Yep, pretty boring letter, hope you enjoyed it!

Love Elder Christensen



No comments:

Post a Comment