Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Robert vs. Country Roads

Last week was pretty good!  We handed out quite a few more Books of Mormons so that made me pretty happy.   I love the Book of Mormon!  For the week we did a trek on a 5 mile country road....that was murder.  Paved roads have no give when you step, my legs are killing me still.  It was a lot of fun though and the whole point was to just get to know the people in the area cause we had no idea who lived out there.  Well just so happened to be that ou tof the 30 or doors we knocked on that 28 were active members and the other 2 were less active.  Welcome to Blanding.  Kinda disappointing but whatever we just try to stay busy.  

Last week also happened to be a sad one for one of our investigators.  His wife passed away from liver cancer on the 3rd.  She was an EMT and also ran a food pantry joint for years.  I actually gave her a blessing the week before she passed away and I just knew that she wasnt going to live much longer it was a weird feeling.  She felt that nobody would come to her funeral.....oh boy she's in for a big surprise.  The night that she passed there was about 50 to 60 phone calls to the hospital from people around the country that kept up with a blog on her life that some of her family was running.  Then there was about 10 cars at all times for the week at their house.  The husband (our investigator) has a really hard time with being around lots of people and he gets anxiety easy but he is determined to be sealed to her and he came to church yesterday and toughed it out.  There is so many people that attend here that it makes me feel uncomfortable sometimes as well.  We set a date for baptism with him for July 5th and it just so happens that it's his daughters birthday who also is fighting liver cancer.  But ya there will be like a million people at the funeral and whatnot its going to be a good experience.  This sister basically gave her life to help people.  Don't get much better than that.  

I'm having some really good experiences here and even though missionary work with non- members is kinda hard to come by I am glad to get to know these Utahans and have some good times.  Honestly I cant believe I'm saying this but.....I was sitting in sacrament yesterday and the thought came to my head....I could totally see myself living here.  Alright I just threw up a little bit but its a weird thought that is entertaining my head right now.  There baseball coach is terrible and their program has taken a turn for the worse....who ya gonna call?????  me.  maybe.  Well thats all she wrote folks!

Love Elder Christensen



No comments:

Post a Comment