Sunday, June 22, 2014

Robert vs. Teaching Relief Society


Hayden and I at conference




I picked a ton of cherries on Saturday



Loloma!!! 

Well I will be staying in Blanding for another 6 weeks so until the end of July at least.  I am happy because I know that we are doing some good with a few people around here and plus I don't really want to move around anymore.  Kinda tired of packing and unpacking.  This could possibly be my last area, we will see.  Happy late Fathers day by the way sorry I didn't say that beforehand.  We did have our investigator come to church this week and that man is one of the most determined people I have ever met.  He is absolutely set on being sealed to his wife that passed away recently.  He has a son named Mitchell that has a pretty severe case of a mental disorder.  Or the way I like to look at it..."a severe case of armour and protection from satan."  Last night we were at their home and during the lesson Mitchell just pointed out that when he plays piano now that his mom comes and points at which keys to press so he can learn faster.....no big deal.  He talks a lot about spirits and stuff, he's basically straddling the veil.  Pretty cool.  During the funeral service he organized a group and they all sang "You Are My Sunshine" and " If You're Happy and You Know It Clap Your Hands."  Seriously, that was one of the most spiritual experiences ever.  As soon as they started singing the entire pressure changed in the room switched and it felt like the chapel was filled to the ceiling with family and friends.  Pretty crazy.  

I accidentally signed us up to teach Relief Society....now the words of that one country song come perfectly into play "What Was I Thinkin."  It all started when we were eating dinner with a family and the mother said that she is just so afraid to talk to people about church stuff.  Then of course because I am super smart and can read peoples minds said...Well, we can teach you!  Then she had the idea that I already saw in my head come out of her mouth....not.  "oh hey why don't you just teach Relief Society on it....in both wards!!!"   Crap.  Oh well it will be fun, not quite sure when exactly it will happen but it will happen.  I need to start working on my centerpiece...any ideas?  Just kidding, I would have to give up my man card...I'm already on the border.  "Thou shalt not teach relief society or do anything like unto it as a man." - D&C 139.  It will be good I think and hopefully if we do well enough we can get some more meals out of it.  

July 4th is coming up...last July 4th I was in Shiprock and absolutely nothing happened.  Boring.  Not here in good ole Blanding Utah!  They apparently are in the top 5 ranked July 4th parades and parties in the nation....thats what the people say at least.  Anything can be ranked!  They have a 6 seater tandem bike for us to ride on as well....I am NOT getting on that thing.  I will be sure to take pictures of that blessed event though.  Hopefully I can get into a softball game or something.  Well thats all she wrote!!!  GO BRONCOS

 Love Elder Christensen



No comments:

Post a Comment