Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Robert vs. Linguistics

This is Gretta, our German investigator




Ya'aat'eeh!!!

Well it was a pretty slow week as far as missionary work goes.  Some more of the families we were seeing moved away.  This is Farmington all over again...we had 9 investigators move in 2 weeks.  Now we only are teaching 1 but at least he is progressing fairly well.  We did a lot of service this week for members and less actives so at least we kept busy for the most part.  Yes the picture Bro. Fife sent you is a bull snake....we were walking past his house and then we hear this BOOM BOOM!  He came around the corner and he blew up that snake with his shotgun.  It was pretty funny.  It looks like I'm disgusted in the picture but he caught me mid smile actually.  We tore up a shed for a family that they wanted down, that was pretty fun to just get covered in sand and dust again all day.  I've been able to go on splits with a lot of the young men in the wards, so its good to get to know some of them.  Man this letter is gonna be boring..I seriously have nothing interesting to report.  Well I guess I am having some more language experiences.  Today we were playing soccer with a guy from Togo, Africa.  He speaks French and has a really thick accent so I am able to say things to him during the game that no one else understands so we got good teamwork goin together.  Then like 20 minutes into the game an investigator that the other Blanding Elders are teaching came in.  He is from Ecuador and he only knows like 5 English words.  Nobody there spoke Spanish so I was able to talk to him a bit and he understood what I was saying it was really cool!  Then, I was able to read "Das Buch Mormon" with our German foreign exchange student investigator.  She leaves tomorrow and she handed me a book and told me to read and so I read Moroni 10: 3-5 to her in German and she understood everything I read!  I have no idea what the words meant but you could still feel the power of that promise even though it wasn't in my native language.  I'm also reading my Russian Book of Mormon daily. I'm getting pretty good at it, so I am having a good time here letting my language nerd out in Blanding.  I apologize for all the random jumble I just have nothing else to talk about this week. There are 5 men here that are part of the Navajo Book of Mormon translation.  The navajo translation is not complete at all as of right now but these guys have authority from the 1st presidency I guess to translate the whole thing.  1 of them is in my area, I need to talk to him and find out whats goin down with all of that stuff.  Anyways thanks for everything!  Sorry for the boring email this week.

Love Elder Christensen



No comments:

Post a Comment